SOCALPAPA 20-Day Challenge - April 1-30, 2020
Celebrating 20 years of
Plein Air Painting in Southern California
Join us in SoCALPAPA’s 20-Day Painting Challenge as we take care of others, and ourselves physically and mentally. It’s been said that engaging in mindfulness activities (like painting) is one way to help stay grounded when things feel beyond our control.
So let’s stay connected through our art!
1. Create a painting, drawing or sketch from inside your home. (i.e. catch that morning light streaming through the window)
2. Plein air painting, drawing or sketch from your own backyard, front yard, balcony, window…
3. Still life painting, drawing or sketch.
4. Painting, drawing or sketch of your favorite OC Parks from sketches, photos and /or memory, for this summer’s Back Bay show.
5. Follow Covid 19 guidelines to stay safe https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com
6. Set clear and realistic goals. Example: 6” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 6” x 8” small formats are good sizes. ‘Works in progress’ may be posted daily as they progress toward completion.
7. And most of all stay safe, have fun, and keep those brushes wet!
Ways to share your paintings:
Post-daily paintings on:
Facebook: Southern California Plein Air Painters Association
For Instagram users include: #socal_papa, #socal_papachallenge
Email image (actual size) to Diane Prendergast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Label daily paintings Day 1, Day 2, etc. Name (optional), title of painting
Sample: Day 1, Lorraine, Talking Chairs
Paintings, drawings and sketches will be posted on SOCALPAPA’s Facebook, Instagram and www.SOCALPAPA.com website.
All SOCALPAPA members who have painted, drawn or sketched and posted for 20 days (from April 1-30, 2020) will be entered into the drawing to win $50 cash. (3) $50 cash prizes will be awarded.
If you wish to participate in the drawing please email Diane Prendergast: email@example.com your name, email, phone number.
Got questions? Contact:
Diane Prendergast, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorraine Dawson, email: email@example.com